General dentistry has been around for a long time focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating oral health issues. It addresses dental problems for which treatment is considered necessary for optimum oral health. On the other hand, cosmetic dentistry provides treatments that are elective. The focus is on the appearance of your smile instead of its health.
The majority of cosmetic dental treatments today are durable, safe, and effective. Advancements in the field allow natural-looking and fully functional solutions, preserving as much of your real tooth structure as possible. The latest technologies are employed to make your cosmetic treatments comfortable and stress-free.
Some of the latest trends in cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening – The most popular of all cosmetic dental treatments, teeth whitening rejuvenates your smile by erasing stains and bleaching away discolorations.
- Dental veneers – Thin porcelain or composite shells are attached to the fronts of teeth to hide cracks, chips, stains, gaps, misalignment and more. They provide an immediate and permanent smile transformation.
- Bonding – Composite resin is applied to a chipped, cracked, discolored or broken tooth to blend perfectly so that the tooth is restored.
- Dental implants – Replacing missing teeth is revolutionized with implants, which provide a new tooth root and artificial tooth on top. They become part of your body and your smile looks and feels complete.
- Inlays/onlays – Created in a dental lab, inlays and onlays are then fitted and bonded into place to fill a tooth that has decay or damage. They provide a durable and attractive way to provide a filling.
- Orthodontics – Teeth can be straightened and misalignments corrected through traditional braces or the modern technology of Invisalign, an invisible method using clear aligners to gently shift teeth.
Cosmetic dentists may combine several procedures to provide you with a complete smile makeover. This allows for your smile to become exactly as you’d like it to look through the application of multiple cosmetic treatments. No matter if you’re interested in one solution or a whole list of them, cosmetic dentistry at Morehead City Dental can help you achieve your smile goals.