It’s not enough just to brush and floss your teeth. In order to maintain a healthy smile, you must visit a dentist for regular checkups. A general dentist can provide both preventive and restorative care so that you achieve the best oral health possible. This should be your goal so that you can enjoy your smile for the rest of your life.
If you don’t already have a general dentist that you use, it’s time to find one who meets your oral care needs. How do you choose a dentist? Ask around to friends, family, neighbors and coworkers for recommendations for general dentists in your area that they like. You can also do some research on the internet to find providers, view their websites, and read patient reviews.
Once you have some choices in mind for general dentists, schedule consultations to meet the dentist and staff in person to see if the practice is right for you. It’s advisable to bring a list of questions that you’d like to ask that will help you make your decision. Here are some good questions to consider:
- How long have you been practicing dentistry?
- What is your educational background and do you pursue continuing education?
- What services does your office provide?
- Do you specialize in any areas in addition to general dentistry?
- Do you treat patients of all ages?
- What are your office hours?
- How do you handle emergencies?
- Do you offer solutions for dental anxiety such as music or sedation techniques?
- Do you accept insurance or have any financial plans in place?
These are a handful of common questions that most patients will want to know about their general dentist. You may have others to add that will make you feel more comfortable and confident in your dentist. Don’t hesitate to get all of the information you need in order to make the best choice for you and your oral health.
If you live in the Morehead City, NC area and you need a general dentist, contact our office today to schedule an appointment.