Dental veneers are a highly versatile solution for a number of different problems including discolored, unevenly spaced teeth, and teeth that are slightly misaligned. A dental veneer is a very thin shell that is custom-made by your dentist in Morehead City to fit over your natural tooth, creating a beautiful smile.
How do Dental Veneers Work?
Veneers are made from very thin pieces of tooth colored material and can be used to alter the shape, size and length of your teeth. They can be constructed from composite resin or porcelain. Most are made from porcelain as this material gives beautiful results and is resistant to stains.
What are the Benefits of Choosing Veneers?
- Veneers look incredibly natural so they’ll blend in beautifully with your real teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains so they won’t discolor if you like to smoke, drink tea or coffee or red wine.
- Porcelain veneers come in many different shades, and can whiten your smile while hiding minor imperfections.
- Dental veneers can be a good alternative to full crowns as they can mend minor chips and cracks.
What Are the Disadvantages of Choosing Veneers?
- Dental veneers are not usually covered by insurance as they are considered to be cosmetic.
- Some people find their teeth become more sensitive after their veneers are fitted, as the process removes a small amount of tooth enamel.
- Dental veneers are not usually reversible and do need renewing periodically.
Will Veneers Work for Me?
Your dentist in Morehead City may recommend porcelain veneers as an alternative to wearing braces. Veneers can be used to correct slightly crooked teeth, or to close up or minimize gaps in between teeth. Veneers are very good for hiding discolored teeth that don’t respond to normal tooth bleaching. Dental veneers are not such a good choice for teeth already weakened by decay or large fillings, and in this case full crowns may be a better option.
If you need a dentist in Morehead City, contact us today