We are certainly living in uncertain times and we hope you all have been coping well with this seeming new way of life. While we had hoped for a quicker return to our normal way of living, it seems that we will be enduring life a little differently for the foreseeable future.
We wanted to let you know that we are doing everything we can to keep ourselves and our patients safe and healthy as we return back to our office, full time! After six weeks of only being open to see emergencies only, we are happy to be back to help all our patients with their dental hygiene cleanings and other dental needs.
Preventing the spread of disease and infection has always been part of our practice. It’s something we have all trained for and continue to perform daily to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff. For that reason, here are some new practices we have been implementing into our routine:
- All staff members are required to pass a health screening before entering the building, and will not be allowed to report to work if they have any fever or other viral symptoms.
- Our staff will also be wearing extra PPE as needed when seeing patients. All patients are doing a pre-rinse before treatment. We are using high-speed evacuation systems for all aerosol procedures.
- Every room in the office has its own Plasma Wave HEPA-filter system. We already had in place the ultra-violent system in our HVAC. A room-fogging system will be arriving in late June!
- Protective Plexi glass has been installed at the check out counter, as well as tape marks on the floor and half of the waiting room chairs have been removed to keep everyone at a safe distance.
- We will be calling to confirm appointments and will be performing health screenings over the phone. We ask that anyone experiencing any symptoms or may have come in contact with someone who has the virus, to please notify us so we can reschedule your appointment in a timely manner.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please come into the building. Do not wait in your vehicle and call us. We are very busy answering phones and getting caught up, we may miss your call which will delay your appointment time. Our front door is open, but then you will wait in the foyer to have a staff member give you a health screen and take your temperature. We also ask that you come with a face-covering. Due to the limit in space and courtesy to others, please do not bring anyone else to your appointment.
With your help and understanding we can work together to minimize the risk associated with providing and receiving dental care. Maintaining good oral healthcare is essential to your overall health, while also reducing your risk of further dental emergencies that could arise from neglect.
We thank you for your patience during this time and for trusting us to help care for your dental needs. We look forward to seeing every one of you again!
Dr. Jack T. Winchester, DMD and Staff