Morehead City Cosmetic Dentist
Do you avoid smiling out of embarrassment? Are your teeth discolored or crooked or misshapen? Do you have unsightly cracks or chips? Any of these problems are good reason for you to seek help from a cosmetic dentist so that you can smile confidently. A smile makeover may be just what you need to turn your life around.
There are many kinds of treatments available for smile makeovers that address a variety of oral issues. Whitening, reshaping, realignment, and other types of restoration are all possible through modern cosmetic dentistry. Procedures such as the following may be performed:
- Porcelain veneers – Thin shells made of porcelain are adhered to the front surfaces of teeth to hide imperfections underneath. Once securely bonded to teeth, veneers become durable to last up to a decade or more. Veneers can instantly improve your smile.
- Dental implants – These offer an alternative to dentures, crowns and bridges for patients who are looking to replace missing teeth. Titanium rods inserted directly into the jaw bone and then topped with a durable artificial tooth create this permanent restoration. Implants look, feel and function naturally and blend perfectly into your smile.
- Teeth whitening – The most common treatment performed in cosmetic dentistry is in-office teeth whitening, which employs special bleaching gel and ultraviolet light. Usually after only an hour, you’ll leave the dental office with teeth that are a number of shades brighter.
- Filling replacement – Another popular procedure is the removal of old metal fillings, especially from visible areas of your mouth. Replacement with tooth-colored composite resin provides a much more natural look.
- Straightening – most cosmetic dentists offer modern orthodontics using Invisalign, a series of customized clear plastic aligning trays worn over your teeth to gently move them into better positions. They are removable for easy cleaning and eating, and are virtually invisible in your smile.
Procedures such as these may be done alone or in combination. The best way to decide which procedures will help you reach your ultimate goal is to visit an experienced cosmetic dentist. You will learn what procedures can help you obtain your brand new smile.